Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL, Water Body Record
Approved Dec. 9, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Mississippi River, WBID 1707, in Jefferson County.
To address the listed pollutants, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Dissolved lead.
- Dissolved zinc.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Mississippi River TMDL.
- Mississippi River TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comment and response - The department received one comment letter during the public notice period, which was from July 30 to Sept. 13, 2010.
- Comments were received from EPA after submittal. These comments were addressed prior to approval.