Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Approved Oct. 26, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Marmaton River, WBID 1308, Vernon County.
- Low dissolved oxygen.
To address the listed pollutant, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Five-day carbonaceous biochemical oxygen demand.
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Marmaton River TMDL.
- Marmaton River TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments on 1st public notice - The department received 8 comment letters during the public notice period, which was from Feb. 4 to April 2, 2010.
- Comments on 2nd public notice - Revisions were made in response to comments received during the first public comment period. Three additional comments were received during the second public notice period, which was from July 8 to Aug. 22, 2010.
- Comments were received from EPA after submittal. These comments were addressed prior to approval.