Other Water-Related Construction Site Permits

Most construction activities involving work in waters of the United States or Missouri’s waters of the state require authorization from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, also known as the Corps, or the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, or DNR.

Individuals, companies, corporations, federal and state agencies and local governments planning construction activities in a stream, river, lake or wetland should contact the Corps or DNR before any work begins.  Such construction activities may require a permit from one or both agencies.

General Information