Wastewater Loan Programs
Financial Assistance Center Wastewater Loan Programs
State Revolving Fund
- State Revolving Fund Loan Programs, Fact Sheet--PUB2150
- State Revolving Fund Misconceptions, Fact Sheet--PUB2263
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund Application, Form--MO 780-1951 and Instructions
This program is offered to communities that do not qualify for a leveraged loan. Typically direct loans are targeted to high risk applicants, but larger communities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Interest rates are dependent on published rates, but are generally 30 percent of the market rate. Projects applying for loans through the department will be directed to this program, if necessary.
These are secured loans with a successful community bond issue that the department will purchase to provide a below market interest rate.
- Direct Loan Fact Sheet -- PUB2306
Small Borrower Loans are available only to communities or public sewer or water districts of less than 1,000 population or service area. Qualifying entities may be considered for a direct loan for wastewater system improvements for up to $100,000 with a maximum 20-year repayment term. In addition to providing financial assistance, this program is geared toward helping communities and sewer districts become familiar with the State Revolving Fund Loan Programs.
Missouri On-site Funding Program
The Missouri On-site Funding Program is designed to provide funding to entities to address on-site wastewater treatment concerns in their area. These entities use these funds to assist individuals who need to repair, replace or remove failing or failed on-site wastewater treatment systems.
Currently, the department has two pilot projects taking advantage of this program:
- The Upper White River Basin Foundation Inc. d/b/a Ozarks Water Watch uses the State Revolving Fund to provide low interest loans and grants to qualified homeowners in the Upper White River Basin Watershed in southwest Missouri. Ronna Haxby at 417-739-5001.
- The Missouri Association of Councils of Government uses the State Revolving Fund to provide grants and low-interest loans to qualified homeowners throughout the entire state of Missouri.
For more information on the On-site Funding Program, contact Jeremy Payne at 573-751-6823.