New voluntary approach for small domestic wastewater treatment systems with design flows of less than 10,000 gallons per day:
- The department conducted a general analysis of wastewater treatment alternatives for small systems in accordance with the Antidegradation Implementation Procedure, and concluded that there are several available technologies that are capable of producing a high quality effluent. Applicants that wish to utilize this general analysis only need to complete three documents: The Antidegradation Review Request form, Attachment E, and the “No Discharge Evaluation” form. This optional approach would allow applicants to forgo the preparation of a site-specific alternatives analysis and eliminate the need to submit the "Attachment A” form.
- Section 10. of Attachment E provides a table of effluent limits that applicants will agree to accept using this approach.
- This approach would only be available to new or expanding domestic wastewater treatment systems that will discharge to Tier 2 waters (those waters that are not impaired or are classified as Outstanding State State or National Resource Waters).
- The “No Discharge Evaluation” form is used to demonstrate that land application or subsurface wastewater disposal is not feasible.
- The fee for this review will be $500.
Fees: For a new wastewater treatment plant, if the design flow is less than 100,000 gallons per day the fee is $500; for a new wastewater treatment plant, if the design flow is equal to or more than 100,000 gallons per day the fee is $1000; for a review in which the existing wastewater treatment train is being retained as part of an upgrade or for a water quality review analysis the fee is $250.
Missouri Antidegradation Implementation Procedure - Approved July 13, 2016
Review Request Forms, Process Diagram, and Example Outline for Antidegradation Submittals
- Water Quality Review Assistance/ Antidegradation Review Request, Form--MO 780-1893
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment A: Tier 2 - Significant Degradation, Form--MO 780-2021
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment B: Tier 2 - Minimal Degradation, Form--MO 780-2022
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment C: Temporary Degradation, Form--MO 780-2023
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment D: Tier 1 Review, Form--MO 780-2024
- Antidegradation Review Applicability Process Diagram
- Department of Natural Resources interactive map viewer To add permitted facilities to the map viewer, select Waste then the data.
- DO Modeling & BOD Effluent Limit Development Administrative Guidance for the Purpose of Conducting Water Quality Assistance Reviews
- Example Case
- Example Outline for Antidegradation Submittals
- Guidance for Water Quality and Antidegradation Review
- Presentation from Antidegradation Implementation Workshops (2.7 MB) June 2008
- 2017 Engineering Workshop
- Water Quality Monitoring in Support of Missouri's Antidegradation Rule