Water Protection Program
As of Aug. 30, 2008, all permit applications for new or expanded discharges are required to follow the Missouri Antidegradation Rule and Implementation Procedure. The Antidegradation Review process will be initiated by requests for water quality based effluent limits.
Antidegradation Rule and Implementation Procedure- Approved April 20, 2007 and revised on May 2, 2012.
The department has changed all fill-in forms from Word format to PDF fill-in. You will be able to save and reuse these PDF forms. However, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher to save the PDF fill-in form.
Review Request Forms, Process Diagram, and Example Outline for Antidegradation Submittals
- Water Quality Review Assistance/ Antidegradation Review Request, Form--MO 780-1893
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Tier Determination and Effluent Limit Summary, Form--MO 780-2025
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment A: Tier 2 - Significant Degradation, Form--MO 780-2021
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment B: Tier 2 - Minimal Degradation, Form--MO 780-2022
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment C: Temporary Degradation, Form--MO 780-2023
- Antidegradation Review Summary - Attachment D: Tier 1 Review, Form--MO 780-2024
- No Degradation Evaluation - Conclusion of Antidegradation Review, Form--MO 780-2026
- Antidegradation Review Applicability Process Diagram
- Example Outline for Antidegradation Submittals
Permit Application Forms
- Form A - Application for Construction or Operating Permit, Form--MO 780-1479
- Form B - Application for Construction or Operating Permit for Facilities which receive basically Domestic Waste, Form--MO 780-1512
- Form B2 - Application for Construction or Operating Permit for Facilities which receive basically domestic waste and have a design flow more than 100,000 gallons per day--MO 780-1805 d
Policy and Guidance Documents
- Ammonia Implementation Guidance (08/07)
- Water Quality Monitoring in Support of Missouri's Antidegradation Rule
- DO Modeling & BOD Effluent Limit Development Administrative Guidance for the Purpose of Conducting Water Quality Assistance Reviews
- Guidance for Water Quality and Antidegradation Review
- Article in Water and Wastewater Digest
- Presentation from Antidegradation Implementation Workshops (2.7 MB) June 2008
- Guidance for Water Quality and Antidegradation Review Assistance: A Technical Reference Guide
Antidegradation Presentations From Workshops and Availability Sessions
- Antidegradation Overview
- Antidegradation Applicability Decision Tree, the Application, and Example Project
- Water Quality Review Assistance
- Antidegradation and Stormwater
- Permit Process Paths
- Availability Session Presentation
- Example Case
- Department of Natural Resources interactive map viewer To add permitted facilities to the map viewer, select Waste then the data.
- Locational Data Quality Control Tool
- Missouri Spatial Data Information Service All of the department's GIS data is available for download from the State Clearinghouse for GIS data
- Link to GIS Data
- To be notified when new GIS data is available through the listserv, click the link on the left called Join MSDIS Newsgroup, you will then be given a form to enter your email address.
- NAICS Codes - The North American Industry Classification System, or NAICS, has replaced the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification system.
Water Quality Assessment Procedures
- Requesting Data: Please contact the Water Pollution Control Branch's Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Section at 573-751-1300.
- Collecting Data: Quality Assurance Project Plan is required. For plan requirements, visit www.epa.gov/quality/qs-docs/r5-final.pdf.
- Template for the Development of a Quality Assurance Project Plan
- Antidegradation Workshops for Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Water Protection Forum - Antidegradation Implementation Procedure Development
- Water Quality Standards - Antidegradation
- Current Antidegradation Rulemaking by Water Pollution Control Branch
- Water Quality Permit Information
- Nonpoint Source Implementation Program
- Agriculture Nonpoint Source Special Area Land Treatment Program