Electronic Discharge Monitoring Report Submission
Electronic Discharge Monitoring Report Submission System, or eDMR
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources' Water Protection Program is providing a Web-enabled electronic system for wastewater facilities to streamline the management of discharge monitoring reports, or DMRs, required under the Missouri wastewater regulation program.
The eDMR system provides wastewater facilities with an efficient way to submit DMR data and allow the department to electronically validate the data, acknowledge receipt, and upload data to Missouri's Clean Water Information System, or MoCWIS, database.
Implementing this new system will enable the department to achieve the goal of improving management of data associated with the departments' wastewater monitoring program. The eDMR system will:
- Save facilities compliance costs with a streamlined reporting method and readily available computer tools.
- Save programmatic costs by reducing resources required for managing paper-based DMR reports
- Improve the accuracy of compliance data by eliminating potential errors that will be otherwise introduced through manual data entry.
- Improve the state wastewater discharge treatment programs' overall effectiveness while offering an efficient reporting process to the regulated community.
How to Sign Up for eDMR
To participate, access the eDMR data reporting system using your Web browser. The reporting system is designed to be used with the Microsoft® Internet Explorer® browser through any Internet connection that is a secure portal for online business services. After you have accessed the eDMR web page click on the Facility Participation Package link on the right hand side and download a copy of the package. After the Participation Package has been reviewed and filled out with all necessary information and supporting documents, send the package to the following address:
Water Protection Program
Attn. eDMR Facility Participation Package
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102.
Packages must be mailed to the department's Water Protection Program and cannot be emailed or faxed. After the department has processed your package you will receive an email confirmation as well as your user name and temporary password. After a facility user has successfully updated the password, created a unique PIN, and provided answers to "security questions" the user will be able to access the eDMR system and submit DMRs as needed.
Upcoming 2016 Training Opportunities
- January 12, 2016
- February 16, 2016
- March 15, 2016
- April 12, 2016
- May 10, 2016
- June 14, 2016
- July 12, 2016
- August 16, 2016
- September 13, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- November 8, 2016
All training will take place at the MOTEC facility 1738 East Elm-Lower Level, Jefferson City, MO 65101 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Top Tips for Submitting DMRs
- Emailing questions to email@example.com or contacting your regional office is the quickest way to get assistance.
- Remember your user name, password, pin and security questions. You need those each time you certify an eDMR submittal.
- Your PIN is your legal electronic signature. Ensure your PIN is kept secure and not shared.
- When entering your PIN, remember it is case sensitive.
- Do not exceed 5 decimal places to the right of the decimal point (ex. 0.12345 is the max).
- Do not put a comment in a day that does not have data in it; you will get an error.
- No discharge this month? Just check the "NO DISCHARGE" box at the top of the DMR.
- Reporting Lab and Analyst are not required fields. If you have that information available you can submit it where space is provided.
- Reporting values are to be submitted in the correct unit (mg/L, µg/L, MGD, etc.) as reflected in your permit.