Solid Waste Advisory Board
The purpose of the Solid Waste Management Program is to ensure solid waste is managed in such a way that protects both public health and the environment.
The Solid Waste Advisory Board, or SWAB, is made up of the chairperson of each of the 20 Solid Waste Management Districts. Five additional members are appointed by the director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Two represent the solid waste management industry, one represents the composting or recycling industry and the two remaining members are public members who have demonstrated interest in solid waste management issues. Meetings are set by the board by Jan. 1 each year. There is no required number of meetings, however, it usually meets eight times per year.
The SWAB advises the department on various solid waste management issues including:
- The effectiveness of its technical assistance programs.
- Solid waste management problems experienced by solid waste management districts.
- The effects of proposed rules and regulations upon solid waste management within the districts.
- Criteria to be used in awarding grants pursuant to section 260.335.
- Waste management issues pertinent to the districts.
- The development of improved methods of solid waste minimization, recycling and resource recovery.
- Other matters as the advisory board may determine.
Note: For all meetings listed below the planners meet at 10:30 a.m. with the Solid Waste Advisory Board meeting at 1 p.m. The Legislative Committee meets after the Solid Waste Advisory Board meeting, unless the planners cancel their meeting, in that case the Legislative Committee meeting will be at 10:30 a.m.
Feb. 4, 2015 - Agenda
March 4, 2015
April 1, 2015 in the Roaring River conference room.
May 6, 2015
Aug. 5, 2015
Oct. 7, 2015
Nov. 4, 2015
Elm Street Conference Center
1730 E. Elm St.
Aug. 6, 2014 - Meeting Cancelled
April 2, 2014 - Meeting Cancelled
Feb. 5, 2014 - Meeting Cancelled
Jan. 8, 2014 - Meeting Cancelled
Sept. 5 , 2012 | Agenda | Summary | Legislative Committee Meeting Agenda | Legislative Committee Meeting Summary
Feb. 1, 2012 | Agenda | Summary | UMC Recycling and Sustainability Program Presentation | Video