Missouri Solid Waste Management Plan
The department's Solid Waste Management Program is charged with a number of duties and responsibilities to help ensure that solid waste is managed in a way that protects both public health and the environment. Development of the Missouri Solid Waste Management Plan is one of these responsibilities. The plan presented here represents the culmination of a multi-year planning process.
Solid waste is an issue affecting all Missourians. A comprehensive plan should include viewpoints from a broad range of stakeholders. To develop the plan, the department held a series of meetings with a large number of stakeholders, representing private citizens, business and industry and state and local government. These individuals created the vision for managing solid waste for the next 25 years. Through their efforts, a number of objectives and strategies are proposed to help all Missourians manage waste as a resource and use disposal methods that are protective of human health and the environment.
The Plan may be viewed as a PDF document. To request a hard copy, please contact the Solid Waste Management program at the number and addresses at the bottom of this page.
- A - Missouri Solid Waste Management Law (2004)
- B - Solid Waste Management Regions of Missouri
- C - The Missouri Solid Waste Composition Study-Introduction and Summary
- D - The State of Garbage in Missouri (1999)
- E - Missouri Public Opinion Survey on Solid Waste Management
- F - Stakeholder Group Input
- G - Policy for Recycling and Waste Reduction (Executive Branch Departments)
- H - Solid Waste Award and Recognition Programs
I - Executive Summary: A Missouri Plan for the Safe Management and
Household Hazardous Waste, Family Farm Waste, Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity
Generator Waste and Do-It-Yourselfer Used Oil (2000)
- J - Missouri Department
of Natural Resources' Technical Bulletin,
"The Universal Waste Rule in Missouri"
- K - Missouri Mercury Task Force Goals and Objectives
- L - The Study of White
Goods Recycling and Disposal in Missouri - Introduction
- M - Waste Tire Advisory Council Recommendations
- N - Final Report of the Solid Waste Law Advisory Group