Superfund - Registry
The Registry evaluates potential abandoned or uncontrolled hazardous waste disposal sites, identifies those that should be listed on the Registry, and takes actions necessary for placing sites on the Registry. Registry personnel oversee and coordinate activities at all sites that are currently listed on the Registry and provide oversight for sites undergoing characterization and/or remediation under Registry consent agreements. When a site owner is willing to remediate a site in order to avoid being listed on the Registry, the owner may negotiate a consent agreement, which establishes a schedule and specific responsibilities for the completion of site investigation and remediation by the property owner or responsible party under state oversight.
Each year, superfund staff develops, publishes and distributes the Missouri Registry Annual Report. A Site Assessment Committee meets prior to the publication of the report each year to evaluate sites on the Registry, assigning each site a classification based on the need for action. The Site Assessment Committee is composed of five representatives from the following agencies:
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Hazardous Waste Program
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Water Protection Program
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Services Program
- Missouri Department of Natural Resoruces, Geology and Land Survey
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services