Health and Safety
Occupational Safety and Health Consultant
The occupational safety and health consultant is housed within the Environmental Services Program. The consultant oversees safety issues primarily within the Division of Environmental Quality, and provides recommendations to the remaining divisions on an as needed or as requested basis.
Staying safe at work
- Keep your wallet, keys, purse, and other valuables with you at all times or locked in a drawer.
- Don’t stay late if you’ll be alone in the office. Create a buddy system for walking to parking lots after hours.
- Report broken or flickering lights and doors that do not secure properly so they can be quickly repaired..
- If you notice signs of potential violence in a fellow employee, report this to your supervisor.
- Immediately report all incidents of sexual harassment.
- Know your department’s emergency plan for fire and severe weather evacuations.