Volkswagen Trust Funds - Transit and Shuttle Buses
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications Monday, March 2 through May 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. CDT. Qualifying applicants included government agencies and private entities that own eligible buses.
For the purposes of this category, “Government,” means a state or local government agency (including a school district, municipality, city, county, special district, transit district, joint powers authority, or port authority, owning fleets purchased with government funds), and a tribal government or native village.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years are 2009 and older.
- Eligible vehicles are government–owned and nongovernment-owned buses 2009 and older engine model year Class 4-8 vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds used for transporting people. School buses are not eligible under this award category.
- Old engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive from 25% to 75% of the cost of the project, depending on repower or replacement, and government or nongovernment ownership.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant this round is $1 million.
The list below shows applicants awarded under the Transit and Shuttle Bus category. The list includes selected applicants receiving funding from February 2019 to present.