Volkswagen Trust Funds - Nongovernment Trucks
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications Monday, March 2 through May 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. CDT. Qualifying applicants included nongovernment owned diesel trucks that operate at least 50% of the time in the state of Missouri.
For the purposes of this category, “Government” means a state or local government agency (including but not limited to a school district, municipality, city, county, special district, joint powers authority, or port authority), or a tribal government or native village.
Eligible projects include Class 4-8 diesel trucks with engine model years between 1992 and 2009 with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 14,000 pounds. Applicants may request up to 40% of the cost to replace the diesel engine or 25% of the cost to replace the vehicle.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years 1992-2009.
- Eligible vehicles are Class 4-8 with GVWR greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Old engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternative fuel or all-electric engine.
- May receive up to 40% of the cost of a new repower engine.
- May receive up to 25% of the cost of a new vehicle.
- Project must meet a minimum $20 per pound of lifetime NOX reduction.
- Maximum total funding request per applicant is $1 million.
Non‐Government Trucks Category Project ranking information (application period March 1, 2020 ‐ May 31, 2020)
Non‐Government Trucks Category Project ranking information (application period Oct. 1, 2019 ‐ Oct. 30, 2019)