Volkswagen Trust Funds - Airport and Cargo Equipment
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources accepted applications Monday, March 2 through May 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. CDT. Qualifying applicants included ground support equipment used to service aircraft, forklifts and other port cargo handling equipment.
For the purposes of this category, “Government” means a state or local government agency (including but not limited to a school district, municipality, city, county, special district, joint powers authority or port authority), or a tribal government or native village.
For the purposes of this category, “port” means a hub or node in the goods movement supply chain with freight activity that facilitates the distribution of goods by any mode of transportation across marine, air, rail and truck.
Eligible ground support equipment included Tier 0, Tier 1 and Tier 2 diesel powered equipment or spark ignition equipment certified higher than 3 g/bhp-hr. Eligible port cargo handling equipment included rubber-tired gantry cranes, shuttle carries, straddle carriers, and terminal tractors which operate within ports. Government applicants could request up to 75% of the cost to repower or replace eligible equipment; private applicants could request up to 50% of the cost to repower or replace eligible equipment.
Program requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Airport ground support equipment is powered by a Tier 0, Tier 1, or Tier 2 diesel engine; or by a spark ignition engine certified higher than 3g/bhp-hr.
- Forklifts must have a lift capacity greater than 8,000 pounds.
- Port cargo handling equipment must meet one of the listed types of equipment.
- All projects in this category must repower or replace their equipment with all-electric engines or equipment.
- Government applicants may request up 75% of the cost to replace or repower their eligible equipment.
- Private entities may request up to 50% of the cost to replace or repower their eligible equipment.
- Maximum total funding request per applicant is $1 million.