Air Monitoring Quality Assurance Project Plan Template
With this template for quality assurance project plans (QAPPs), the Air Pollution Control Program (APCP) of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources intends to provide a standardized format for all plans outlining Missouri air quality monitoring projects. Using the template and following its outline will greatly facility review and approval of a project-specific QAPP.
For assistance with questions on QAPP completion, contact the Air Pollution Control Program. You can reach the supervisor of the air program's Air Monitoring Unit at 573-751-4817. For assistance with issues regarding standard operating procedures (SOPs), contact the Environmental Services Program (ESP). You can reach the supervisor of ESP's Air Quality Assurance Unit at 573-526-3315.
- Underlined items in italics in the template are instructions, not words that need to be included in the QAPP. They should be overwritten with the specific information requested.
- Areas in normal font are recommended wording to be used in conjunction with the project-specific information requested.
- If the information requested is in a project-related standard operating procedure, you have the option to reference that standard operating procedure or provide that information in the QAPP. However, specific standard operating procedure sections and subsections must be listed and attached to the QAPP as appendices if referenced.
- A variety of standardized requirements are provided in a collection of appendices in sections where appropriate. Remove items that do not apply to a specific project.
- For document control, edit the header by inserting the project name, date, and revision number. The original QAPP should be revision 0.
- To ensure all elements of the QAPP have been properly addressed, a checklist based on this template is used in reviewing the QAPP. This checklist through the below link. Deviation from the template and guidance documents would make review more difficult and
could cause delays in the review and approval phases.