Division of Energy
Residential Energy Efficiency
- BEE -- Be Energy Efficient (website sponsored by the Division of Energy, the Missouri Public Service Commission and Missouri utilities.)
- Building Energy Standards
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - Home Performance with Energy Star provides comprehensive energy audits and energy efficient home improvements to homeowners in the Columbia, Kansas City and St. Louis areas. Please visit the Missouri Home Performance website for more information.
- Summer cooling tips
- Winter heating costs information
- Winter heating tips
Making your home or building as energy-efficient as possible is better for the environment, saves you money on utilities, increases resale appeal of your home, and increases the comfort level of your home.
The fact sheets below outline some energy-saving tips for your home. If you have additional questions about the energy saving tips below, please contact the Division of Energy.
- Air Conditioning
- Caulking and Weatherstripping
- Heating Options
- Residential Audit
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Water Usage
Solid-Fuel Heating Appliances - information from Kansas State University Engineering Extension Service
Other Sources of Information
- The Home Energy Saver
- Ameren UE’s Energy Advisor
- Ameren UE Missouri electric and natural gas residential customers can analyze their bills, calculate the savings potential of energy efficient appliances and other improvements using the Energy Advisor available online.
- Kansas City Power and Light Company's (KCP&L) Home Energy Analyzer
- Kansas City Power and Light's Missouri residential customers can analyze their bills, calculate the savings potential of energy efficient appliances and other improvements and learn ways to reduce energy use through the Home Energy Analzyer available online. This project is part of Kansas City Power and Light's Comprehensive Energy Plan approved by the Missouri Public Service Commission July 28, 2005.
U.S. Dept. of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network
- A service provided through the U.S. Dept. of Energy, the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network is a clearinghouse for energy efficiency and renewable energy information.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy, Energy Savers guide to energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Home Energy Magazine
Home Energy Magazine is dedicated to providing energy-efficiency information. Their website features full text articles on residential energy efficient construction and remodeling.