Register Your Missouri E-Business
E-cycle Missouri provides the public with the "how" and "where" to recycle their electronic waste in Missouri. The "where" part includes taking unwanted electronics to a recycler registered with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Missouri recycler's taking part in the department's Voluntary Tiered Registration Program are listed on the department's Registered Electronics Recycling Businesses List.
The department's Tiered Voluntary Registration Program is just that, voluntary, and open to electronics recycling businesses located in Missouri. If you decide to register your Missouri e-cycling business with the department, you will choose one of four tier levels. As the tier levels increase, so does the amount of regulation your business will need to follow. The department will include your business information on their Registered Electronics Recycling Businesses List after your facility passes an Electronic Scrap Recycler Inspection. Your registration level will be noted by the number of next to your business name. This code will help the public choose a recycler at the registration level that best meets their needs.
What better way to promote your Missouri e-cycling business than to register with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. If you would like to take part in this program, please fill out the online forms below and send them to Anthony Pierce at the Missouri Department of Natural Resource, Hazardous Waste Program, P.O. Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0176. If you have any questions, you can reach Anthony Pierce by telephone at 573-751-7560 or 800-361-4827, or by email.
|The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has changed all fill-in forms to PDF fill-in. You will be able to save and reuse these PDF forms. You will need Adobe® Reader® to view the forms on this page; however, you will need Reader 7 or higher to save the PDF fill-in form.|
*This program is open to Missouri electronics recycling businesses only.
Level 1 - No fees are associated with this level.
- If the Missouri business does not have an EPA ID number, the business completes the Notification of Regulated Waste Activity, Form--MO 780-1164 and sends it to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. An EPA ID number is required for an inspection. The registration fee is waived for electronics recycling businesses.
- The business completes the Host Site Registration, Form--MO 780-1981 and sends it to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- The department lists the business on its Registered Electronics Recycling Businesses List with no endorsements.
- The business must notify the department of any change in its operation.
- The business must make every effort to recycle as much of the demanufactured electronic material as possible.
Level 2 - No fees are associated with this level.
- The Missouri business must meet all Level 1 requirements.
- The business completes the Host Site Self-Audit, Form--MO 780-1980 and sends it to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. The department will include your form on its Registered Electronics Recycling Businesses List for public viewing. The business must complete this form every year.
- The business will adopt the Missouri e-cycle Standards’ Best Management Practices as its standard operating procedures. A corporate officer or non-profit board member must sign a certification statement that indicates the business is using the MOEST Best Management Practices as its standard operating procedures.
- The Missouri business must meet all Level 1and 2 requirements.
- The business must provide financial responsibility for a closing cost estimate based on the maximum pounds of inventory reported in the annual Host Site Self-Audit form. A corporate officer or non-profit board member must certify the cost estimate. (Initial costs for financial responsibility will be developed with industry input.) A demonstration of financial responsibility at least equal to the closing cost estimate is required. Businesses have two options for providing financial responsibility:
- The business may send the cost estimate to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources using a closure financial assurance method listed in the Code of Federal Regulations at 40 CFR 265, Subpart H (265.140-265.150).
- The business may enter into a legal contract with another registered electronics recycling facility or an environmental company to properly close the facility. In the legal contract, the department must be listed as a third party with
- The Missouri business must meet all Level 1, 2 and 3 requirements.
- The business must participate in a third party organization certification. The business sends to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources documentation that a third party organization has certified its Environmental Management System. The third party organization could include the International Association of Electronics Recyclers (IAER), Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries - Recycling Industry Operating Standard (ISRI-RIOS), ISO 14001 certification or other industry accepted organizations.
E-cycle Missouri has provided the Tiered Voluntary Registration Program and MOEST - Missouri e-cycle Standards for Best Management Practices booklet as an alternative to printing this Web page. The booklet was written for e-cycling businesses and contains information on the Missouri Department of Natural Resources' Tiered Voluntary Registration Program and e-cycle Missouri's MOEST.