Earth Day 2015 Celebration
Earth Day Zero Waste Challenge
Earth Day Links
Want to be a Geologist?
Earth Day 2015 Celebration
Many communities in Missouri have Earth Day celebrations. This is only a partial listing.
Earth Day events across Missouri
Earth Day Events in Missouri State Parks
Visit this page often to find out about Earth Day events being planned at various Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites.
Other Earth Day Links
EPA Earth Day State of the Environment Photo Project - Documerica 40 Years Later
After more than 40 years of greater environmental awareness and protection since EPA opened its doors, how far have we come? Photos are displayed alongside the 1970s collection of the very same idea. From 1971 to 1977, the Environmental Protection Agency hired freelance photographers to capture images relating to environmental problems, EPA activities, and everyday life in the 1970s. The U.S. National Archives digitized more than 15,000 photographs from the series. 4,000 Documerica project images are available on the Web
Earth Day at Kaboose
Earth Day related online games, PC downloads, coloring pages, clipart and other activities for kids.
Earth Day, which occurs annually on April 22, involves tens of thousands of events, from rallies and teach-outs to concerts and Earth fairs. You'll find them everywhere, in the world's capitals and in its nooks and crannies -- together sending a message loud and clear that this turf is precious, perishable and belongs to all of us.
Earth Day on your Block
Anyone can find ideas on holding their own local Earth Day activities. Heartland All Species Project, 5644 Charlotte, Kansas City, MO 64110, 816-361-1230.
Read about how a green building saves energy. See a live Web camera showing the construction of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Green Building in Jefferson City.
- A Student's Guide to Global Climate Change
- FirstGov for Kids: a portal to lots of kids' resources about plants and animals.
- EPA Environmental Kids Club: games and activities about environmental issues.
- Earthquakes for Kids: games, puzzles, and cool earthquake facts
- Endangered species: games and how you can help.
- Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program's Education Center: learn about global warming from Professor Polar Bear.
- Roofus the Dog's Solar and Efficient Neighborhood: make your home energy smart.
- Nature Watch: see animals in action.
- S.K.Worm: he'll answer your questions about dirt.
- Sci4Kids: stories about plants and bugs.
- Bureau of Land Management: birds, dinosaurs, dirt and rivers
- Energy Information Administration's Energy Ant: learn all about where we get our energy and how we use it.
Find out how proper farming operations can improve water quality.