Earth Day 2014 Celebration
Earth Day 2014, the 20th annual Earth Day celebration sponsored by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m on Friday, April 25, at the Missouri State Capitol south lawn in Jefferson City.
Earth Day activities
Held in the shadow of Missouri's historic Capitol, Earth Day 2014 will offer a variety of fun and educational opportunities for students interested in finding out more about how they can improve the world around them. In recognition of the event's 20th anniversary, the Department of Natural Resources is determined to make this event the best ever:
- ALL NEW: The Teachers’ Resource Room – A special area for teachers (only) to see the latest in educational offerings from the Department of Natural Resources and many of our state, local and university exhibitors. This will also include a place to sit, relax and enjoy a cold soft-drink on us!
- Live stage presentations – Educational stage games (with prizes), live music and more (we’ll announce the lineup as it is confirmed).
- More exhibitors – Earth Day 2014 will feature exhibits from the Department of Natural Resources as well as other state, federal and local agencies. Central Missouri is also rich in colleges and universities, and we’re reaching out to pull them into Earth Day 2014.
- Hands-on crafts from recycled materials – This popular Earth Day feature will return by popular demand.
- Improved Web presence and teacher communications – We’ve made registration on our website easier, and we’ll keep you informed as stage acts are confirmed; exhibitors are recruited and details evolve.
Register Your Class for Earth Day 2014
While open and free to the public, the activities of Earth Day 2014 are geared to the educational needs of fifth-grade students. Teachers can register their classes for Earth Day 2014 online now. Preregistration will allow us to better prepare for the event as well as make sure registered teachers receive all of the necessary information to make sure their students get the greatest educational benefit possible from attending the event.
Earth Day 2014 Slogan Contest
This year, the theme of the Earth Day Slogan Contest was “watersheds.” The student who wins of the slogan contest will win a prize $50 gift card, sponsored by Central Bank, and be recognized on stage during opening ceremonies at the capitol. The slogan contest ended on Oct. 16. Read more about the Earth Day Slogan Contest.
Order an official Missouri Earth Day t-shirt online!