Bridgeton Sanitary Landfill Facility Information
This page provides citizens with access to pertinent information and online forms regarding ongoing compliance issues and activities related to a subsurface smoldering event and associated odors around Bridgeton Sanitary Landfill at 13570 St. Charles Rock Road in Bridgeton.
Week of March 21, 2016
- Starting on Monday, March 21, weather dependent, there will be a potential for odors during the week. Bridgeton Landfill will be drilling for new gas extraction wells in the South Quarry. These new wells are intended to improve the gas collection efficiency and help address landfill gas migration.
- Bridgeton Landfill continues soil placement in the south quarry as part of the facility’s low area filling project to promote proper storm water drainage over the landfill.
- St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District conducts cleaning work on the nearby sanitary sewer line (south of the Bridgeton Landfill). The cleaning work includes the use of a temporary bypass line to keep the sanitary sewer line active while the maintenance is completed.
Reports and Updates
April 18, 2016 -- Bridgeton Landfill submitted to the department a copy of following Corrective Action Plan Update
April 1, 2016 -- The department released the West Lake Landfill Final Vicinity Report - Radiological Survey and Sampling - Nov. 4-6, 2015. This final report supplements the department’s West Lake Landfill Interim Vicinity Report that was released Jan. 25, 2016.
March 30, 2016 - Bridgeton Landfill submitted to the department a copy of the following stormwater monitoring report:
March 30, 2016 - The department submitted an approval letter to Bridgeton Landfill regarding their Inert Gas Injection Work Plan. View the letter.
March 8, 2016 - Bridgeton Landfill submitted to the department a copy of the following groundwater reports.
- Assessment of Corrective Measures Report - Feb. 19, 2016
- November - December Quarterly Sampling Event - Detection Monitoring Program Groundwater Statistical Analysis Report (part 1) - February 2016
- November - December Quarterly Sampling Event - Detection Monitoring Program Groundwater Statistical Analysis Report (part 2) - February 2016
Feb. 26, 2015 - (update includes Radium-226 and Radium-228 results) Following the historic rainfall that occurred in the St. Louis area, the department responded to concerns of excess surface water flowing along the northeastern boundary of the West Lake Landfill by assessing the situation and collecting storm water samples for analyses. The sample was sent to the department’s contract laboratory and analyzed for gross alpha, gross beta, isotopic Uranium, Radium-226 and Radium-228. View the report.