MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest Rules and Guidelines
Celebrating 40 years of taking care of Missouri's natural resources.
Attention all shutterbugs and nature lovers! Help the Missouri Department of Natural Resources celebrate its 40th anniversary by capturing and submitting your winning photograph of Missouri’s outstanding natural resources. In honor of its anniversary, the department is hosting the MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest in 2014!
The MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest will offer you the opportunity to capture your favorite moments in Missouri’s rich natural and cultural resources and share them for all to enjoy. Contest winners will have their winning photographs featured in the Winter 2015 issue of the Missouri Resources magazine, announced on the department’s 40th anniversary website at dnr.mo.gov/40 and displayed throughout the department including the framed photographs displayed in the Lewis and Clark State Office Building in Jefferson City.
With your help, we have been protecting and preserving Missouri’s natural and cultural resources including our air, land and water for 40 years. Help us capture Missouri’s outstanding natural resources by submitting your photos in the following categories.
- Natural Resources: this category includes photographs of Missouri’s air, landscapes and waterways.
- Special Places: this category includes photographs taken within one of Missouri’s 87 state parks and historic sites.
- People and the Environment: this category includes photographs of people enjoying Missouri’s natural and cultural resources.
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
- Time Frame
- The MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest begins March 1, 2014 and ends on Aug. 1, 2014.
- Who May Enter
- This contest is open to amateur photographers; however, the employees of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources are not eligible to participate. There are no age restrictions.
- What You May Enter
- You may submit two photographs per category with a maximum of six total entries.
- You must select one of the three categories for each photo submitted.
- Do not submit duplicate photos in multiple categories.
- All photographs must be taken in Missouri.
- Technical Requirements
- All photographs must include photographer name, photo caption or title, contact information as well as the location and/or address information of the photo.
- Photos must be submitted in JPEG format and must be available as high-resolution files (preferred at 300 DPI with at least 2400 pixels on the long side).
- Applicants must submit a completed MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest Entry and Release Form for each entry. Minors must also submit a Parent Permission Form.
- Photos included in the Special Places category must be taken within one of Missouri’s 87 state parks or historic sites and must depict activities that conform to Missouri State Parks rules and regulations. Photos depicting unauthorized activities will be disqualified. For a list of Missouri state parks and historic sites, visit www.mostateparks.com.
- Photos must be your own original work.
- Please, no watermarks or added text. Photos that have been digitally altered, as determined by department as going beyond standard optimization, will be disqualified.
- HDR images will NOT be considered.
- If you are a semifinalist, the department will contact you to request a high-resolution file. If you are unable to produce an image of sufficient resolution, an alternate semifinalist will be selected.
- How May I Submit My Photo(s)
- Image(s)s may also be uploaded to the MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest website at dnr.mo.gov/40/photocontest. Image(s) must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 1, 2014.
- Image(s) and entry form(s) may also be mailed to the MissouriDNR40 Photo Contest, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, PO Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by Aug. 1, 2014.
- If you are a semifinalist, the department will contact you through your contact information provided and request a high resolution photo. Don’t forget to check your email or voicemail.
- By completing the entry form(s) and submitting photo(s), the applicant is agreeing to the Official Contest Rules and will grant the Missouri Department of Natural Resources the right to use their photo entry(ies) for publishing, illustration, advertising, trade and promotion, or any other use in any medium for any purpose of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- The applicant will hold the Missouri Department of Natural Resources harmless from any and all liability that might arise out of or result from the foregoing use.
- The applicants entry(ies) signifies that the applicant will abide by all rules, including that they will provide a true signature if my image is selected in the contest.
- Entries will be judged on subject matter, composition, artistry, drama and technical excellence.
- A panel of judges selected by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources will choose 10 semifinalists in each category, from which the first, second and third place photos will be determined.
- Winning photographs will be featured in the Winter 2015 Missouri Resources issue, announced on the department’s website at dnr.mo.gov/40 and displayed by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- Good luck to all!
|Enter Your Photo(s) Today||Mail-In Entry Form||Parental Consent Form|